Jakob Voss (or Jakob Voß with German glyph ß) discovered Wikipedia in August 2002 and is active especially in German Wikipedia since then. In 2004 he participated in founding Wikimedia Germany which and he was member of the board until 2007. In 2005 and 2007 he was member of programme committee of Wikimania. After study of computer science, library science, and philosophy at Humboldt University, Berlin until 2006 he now works at the library service center of the Common Library Network (GBV) in Göttingen.
Jakob published a couple of papers and presentations in Wikipedia research, Social Software, and Web 2.0. Part of his research activity is the Wiki Research Bibliography and the weblog on Wiki research. His main Weblog is http://jakoblog.de (in German). His nickname on some Wikis and IRC is nichtich.
My presentations at Wikimania 2007
The Semantic Web and why Wikipedia should bother
Talks to see, people to meet
This list is not complete but only a bunch of notes!
- Denny Vrandecic talk about Wikipedia 3.0: MediaWiki meets the Semantic Web - we will have an interesting panel together in the first session.
- The panel on Library with Free Information and Free Software deals about the future of library systems: Free Software (for instance the Integrated Library System Koha and Free Information. - but it's parallel to my talk.
- Then I will moderate session s203
- Erin McKean will talk will talk at session 802 and I don't want to miss her
- Two parallel sessions I'd like to go to: 801 (with Proceedings:MH2) and 802.
- Jon Phillips is goint to present Wikibiblio, a "Community-based Bibliographic System" - sounds promising!
- There are no further details about the talk "Google and wiki" by Greg Stein (engineering manager at The corporation that once wanted not to be evil).