Airport entry procedures
When entering the ROC, citizens of the ROC should line up in the “Citizens” line, while non-citizens should line up in the “Non-citizens” line.
Passengers will be subject to an infrared temperature check and be required to walk on a disinfectant carpet. People with fevers or flus should fill in a questionaire form to the Taiwan Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Passengers with items to declare must use the red line. Other passengers use the green line.
- Passengers are forbidden from carrying plants, fresh meat, and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Passengers may be warned on the flight to Taiwan and will certainly be warned at the airport that bringing non-prescription/non-over-the-counter drugs into the ROC is punishable to the maximum penalty of death. Please do not bring pot: recently there were politicians who had to make public apologies for smoking pot.
- Poppy seeds for baking purposes is strictly prohibited even though such seeds have been processed to make them unable to germinate.
- See Local information regarding regulations for bringing pets to Taiwan.
- provided that their visa is valid for at least six months.
should it be
- provided that their passport is valid for at least six months.
countries that *do* need a visa
- Yes. To go in a foreign country you DO need a visa. But some countries agreed that a normal visa is needed, instead you received a short visa on the arrival, and sometime no visa at all. So everysingle country, apart the country listed, needs a visa. Schiste 01:48, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
Is Peru in the Visa waiver program? I didn't see it on the list of MOFA website.
- Hi, please check this page, and ask the office if Peru citizen needs visa or not. Thanks.--Theodoranian 17:00, 3 May 2007 (UTC)
- It's just a carpet consist disinfectant function to make sure no passenger would bring any diseases under their shoes coming into Taiwan. They are located at the hallway connecting the Gates and the Terminals so that every arrival passengers would go through it. You just simply walk on it. It's nothing special.Tsungyenlee 12:40, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
You must show a confirmed return or onward ticket...
If we have an electronic ticket for the outbound journey, should we just show a computer printout of the ticket?
...and visa to a third country.