The registration form has the option "Pay via Remmitance". I think that it is with two tt's. But at least I have never heard of that word. I think providing information about what it is on the registration form would be useful. --Walter 21:15, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
- I think the word should be "remittance". It means to pay via bank account transfer. I will see if we can make it more clear in the registration form, thanks for your information. --H.T. Chien (Talk / Contributions) 13:55, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- The current version via Remittance to the bank account owned by the organization team in Taiwan is still very cryptic. If you try to say that you can pay by bank transfer then you best use that word and not "remittance". If you have a IBAN account number and BIC-code I would reccomend to include it that. (not the actual numbers, but that you can pay on a account the supports IBAN & BIC.
- FYI; the WMF has an bank account in Europa ( wikimedia:Fundraising ) If you think it would be usefull for the visitors or cheaper and the WMF agrees with it people from Europa could pay on that account. Making a payment from Europa to an account in Taiwan is maybe expencieve. After permission from the WMF I could send you the payment information freqently to that account so you know who has payed, I have access to it. Greetings, --Walter 14:44, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, we know WMF has some bank account(s) in Europe. But for better organization process, we would prefer people to pay the registration fee via PayPal or to a bank account in Taiwan. For more information, please refer to the bank account discussion in the Wikimania-l mailing list. Thanks for your kindly suggestion. --H.T. Chien (Talk / Contributions) 01:27, 16 March 2007 (UTC)
PayPal too far
Well, I was going to pay via PayPal and found I was not sure how much I should have paid. I was back (yes admittedly I shouldn't have done that) with "back" button with my blowser and now I couldn't submit twice my request (naturally). So I lost the way to reach PayPal form with required information (who I should pay exactly, etc) ... If there is information Foundation/Team for registration payment, it would be nice for dummers as me. --Aphaia 12:18, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
- Dear Aphaia, please pay to email@example.com . This is the Paypal account we are using. You can query your registration status at the right upper corner of the registration form, and it will show how much you should pay. (confirmation code required).--Theodoranian 13:26, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
- I tried but there were several difficulties (now I am waiting why it didn't work for Paypal folks)... I wonder if it would be better to ask you Taipei team once to cancel my data and retry. --Aphaia 13:05, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- Hi Aphaia, I just checked with the site programmer and your registration is been submitted (but not confirmed yet). We have some discussion on registration today and will have some updates for volunteers/translators (will need to be further checked by the registration manager). If you really wish to cancel your registration, let us know. --H.T. Chien (Talk / Contributions) 13:59, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- Hi H.T. Chien, thank you for your notice. I'll let you guys know the situation later (now still waiting for PayPal answer) --Aphaia 12:09, 16 March 2007 (UTC)
first date for cancellation
In the description of the accomodation the following note is present:
- According to CTOYAC, the first date for cancellation is Apr. 30
What does it mean? -- AnyFile 21:37, 16 March 2007 (UTC)
- I change the sentence to:
According to CTOYAC, the deadline for massive cancellation is Apr. 30.
- Do you think it's easier to understand? --H.T. Chien (Talk / Contributions) 03:47, 17 March 2007 (UTC)
- "massive" is unclear for me (the entire sentence means "the deadline for cancellation witout charge is..." I suppose, if so, it is clear for me, while "massive" is still unclear) --Aphaia 05:57, 17 March 2007 (UTC)
- I cannot understand the sentence nor the following of it ("After that date, there will be 10% of accommodation availability that we can arrange"). Could it be explained better?
- Is it that "The CTOYAC has fixed a first deadline about registration at Apr. 30. After that date only a small number of cancellation could be done [...]" or "After that date only a small number of booking could be done"?
- The Conference has to tell CTOYAC the amount of accommodations before Apr. 30, and make the first cancellation. And we have to predict an amount to CTOYAC. After that we can just change 10% of accommodations. For example, there's 100 beds at first, but after Apr. 30, we tell CTOYAC, according to our registration we might only need 50 beds.(But in fact , there's only 30 beds have been booked, but we still have to reserve some accommodations for some situation and the later registration.) So we cancel 50 beds and after that So, there's only 10% space left for Conference to change the accommodations. Which means, we just can cancel 10% of 50 beds, and that is 5 beds. This is the CTOYAC's policy. I hope this explanation is clear. If there's any questions, please let us know--DAUCTER 15:47, 18 March 2007 (UTC)
- Please keep separated booking and cancellation policy (by the way a more information on the cancellation policy is needed). One point that I note is that the rule is that cancellation after Apr. 30 are charged than what the best strategy to preserve my money should be not to book as soon as possible, but on the opposite to book the later that is possible. So you should take one decision and suggest people according. Is it better (for you and for the attendant) to book as soon as possible or not? In the first case modification and cancellation should be allowed at no charge or for just a very small fee, providing that the modification or the cancellation are done very early (Apr 30 or May 15 could be a reasonable deadline). -- AnyFile 21:41, 17 March 2007 (UTC)
I can't enter the registration page
What happened? Is wikimania.tw issues there?--Shack☆Mania 06:40, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- Hi, due to some server issue, the registration service is now temporary down. We are very sorry about this and will restore the service ASAP. --H.T. Chien (Talk / Contributions) 17:46, 24 March 2007 (UTC)
- It recovers now. It has increased French and Japanese. --Shack☆Mania 14:05, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
可以選擇和自已的同伴同房嗎？ --～無真～ 23:05, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
如果您跟您的同伴都已完成報名(繳費)，並且我們還有空位的話，這是可以安排的。請注意較早報名享有這種機會的可能性較大。 If you and your companion both have finished the registration process (including payment), and if we have rooms available, this can be arranged. Please note: register early and the possibility is higher.-- Theodoranian 16:26, 13 April 2007 (UTC)
- Do people have to PAY A FEE to attend??
- What about the "secret sponsor from deep space"??
- What about the 100.000$ from the chinese telco companies (Chonghwa Telecom and dotasia.com)?
- What about the "we have cash flowing out the ***" stuff?
- Moreover, accomodation was said to be FREE . Why now it has to be paid? Why only 250 beds instead of the 450 declared?
- So, you lied on flight prices (half the real price declared), you lied on sponsorships, you lied on accomodations (number and price).... anything else? --Jollyroger 11:08, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
What constitutes "contributing to a Wikimedia project"?
I assume Wikimedia project means one of wikimedia:our projects, but what constitutes "contributing to a Wikimedia project"? Is it enough if I fixed a typo in en.wikipedia once? ImAnIdiot 01:48, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
What is CTOYAC
What is CTOYAC?
- i tried to find CTOYAC on Google Earth with its ground address in Chinese but failed. If you can give us a link to Google Earth, it would be nice :)
The registration link is HTTP, not HTTPS! Please fix. --Yurik 188.8.131.52 04:28, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
Foreign Residents of Taiwan
This is a more technical questions relating to applying for the conference. It asks if we are a citizen of Taiwan or not. I am not, but as a resident alien of Taiwan, I DO have a Taiwan ID number and do not need a visa for entry into the country (as I am already here.) Should I give my Taiwan ID number (which I use in my daily life here) or my passport number (which I almost NEVER use here.) Thanks. Ludahai 魯大海
Hi, Ludahai, ID number is used for the insurance. No matter a ROC ID Number or a foreigner with passport number can be used for insurance. You can choose either one to register, in your convenience. --Theodoranian 12:35, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
- Could an open be made on the registration for Resident Foreigners to do this then? I will be using my ARC (Alien Resident Certificate) as an ID rather than my passport. Ludahai 23:52, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
- I think ARC is usable. --Theodoranian 00:40, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
- Someone should put up a section on this. I am a resident alien, and i would love to go (but unfortunantly, i visit home in the summers :( 'cry' (i prefer seeing old friends after one year, however) ). But put it there for the sake of those resident aliens that can come at least. G man yo 12:09, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
Hacking days extra $200?
Isn't hacking days extra $200 a bit expensive compared to normal conference fees? --JuhaV 11:52, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
- JuhaV, I think you saw the version which was changed by IP user with wrong numbers. The page has been corrected now. The right number is $20. --Theodoranian 12:38, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
I edited the Registration page to eliminate a decidedly POV word ("small"). When I looked an hour or so later, I saw that the page is appraently protected -not that I saw any-thing indicating that when I edited. But why is it proetected? Why can't I eliminate this POV (and in MY POV wrong) word? Also, on another subject, why am I suddenly listed as logged out - Is Wik being hacked again? kdammers 184.108.40.206 01:35, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
It is probally protected to prevent anyone from tampering with sensitve information such as the date, pricing, and accomdation information not to mention the paypal acount to which the money should be sent. Otherwise ... you probally know what could happen. --220.127.116.11 15:37, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
Please understand you are an encyclopedia. Do not put wikimania banners on the wikipedia website. It is an encyclopedia, not a place for this kind of propaganda. 18.104.22.168 18:00, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia. However, it's also a project of Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimania is an annual event of Wikimedia Foundation for all its projects including Wikipedia. I fail to see why people cannot put Wikimania banners on the Wikipedia website, sorry. --H.T. Chien (Talk / Contributions) 02:05, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
No replies from firstname.lastname@example.org?
I've send two mails now to email@example.com, one asking for a receipt of my payment, another asking for a change to the dates of my reservation. I have not received any reply of any kind to either one. What is going on, if anything? And could somebody who actually knows English translate this again, because it currently makes no sense...? Wikipedia:User:Jpatokal 04:13, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
- Finally got a reply today to the second mail. Still no sign of a reply to the first. Wikipedia:User:Jpatokal 22.214.171.124 10:14, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
Because of my PayPal payment is not confirmed by wikimania.tw/registration, I sent the check mail to firstname.lastname@example.org but no reply. Please check the registration. I sent the mail via pinkcrimson at gmail. --Wikipedia:User:zepelin 01:13, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
Where is it?
I was going to edit the page to make it a little more clear that it is in Teipan in the opening paragraph when I realised it is closed to being edited... could someone just note its location in the opening? I spent some time looking around to see where it was before I realized it was subtitle....
Cannot fix typo
It is AN open event.
Can I do on-site registeration but pay online?
I was gonna pre-register but too many things were going on and in the end I forgot. I'd like to know if I register on-site, whether I can pay via paypal or not. -PanSola 16:37, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
Fix the tyhpo
It reads "Wikimania 2007 is a open event".. which should be "Wikimania 2007 is an open event". 126.96.36.199 21:10, 2 August 2007 (UTC)