Lounge is for Wikimedian community to strengthen relationship. In this page, you may just chat around. You are welcome to check the Social Events list, and also please take a look of the Little Angel Program for communion with attendees, organizers, VIPs, and volunteers.
|The Community Portal||
Information desk (post) - Lounge (post) - Forum: Wikimedia Community (post), Free Content (post), Technical Infrastructure (post)
Stuff to do in Taiwan?
You may like to discuss about local tours at Tours with local communities.--TzuChiang Liou 13:24, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
Since many of us are heading to Taiwan, will Wikimaniacs be taking the time to see a bit of the country? I was planning on spending some time with a friend, visiting sites of WW2 significance, climbing a mountain, and a few other things yet to be worked out. However he's sick and may not make it, and I'm now deciding how long I should plan to be there for.
Anyone interested in seeing stuff together, or at least sharing info? I'm just thinking of spending a few extra days before and/or after Wikimania, and I'm travelling as cheaply as possibly - but otherwise I'm pretty flexible. Let me know! --Chriswaterguy 11:20, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- You may consult About_Taipei_4:_Attractions, or view the official site of the tourism bureau. Since I dont know what you interested in, it's hard to deciced what to recommend you.Tsungyenlee 11:46, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for the links! I'm thinking particularly of historical sites, or sites of particular cultural significance. I will continue following those links. --Chriswaterguy 16:16, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- I'm interested in taking in as much Taiwanese culture as I can - I'm around before and after the conference - see Tourism coordination... Cormaggio 12:31, 21 July 2007 (UTC)
- Update - my friend fell ill and won't be joining me - however I'm up for seeing a bit of Taiwan, esp Taipei before and after the conference (29 July - 8 August). Also thinking about looking at laptops - not exactly a tourist attraction, but it seems like the thing to do in Taiwan. --Chriswaterguy 16:47, 28 July 2007 (UTC)
Historical sites? You certainly should go to the National Palace Museum. The Museum itself is not historical, but the things inside are pretty old. The earliest-develpoed area of Taiwan is Tainan, where you might found more intersting places to go. This site is provided by the city government. Unfortunately, the last time I visted it, it's English part was still remain closed, and so was other related site. Due to Tainan's not being the island's international gateway, English informations are not that easy to find. Maybe you can still find useful info on the NationalTourism Bureau's offical site. Hope I have given you some help.Tsungyenlee 16:29, 21 July 2007 (UTC)
PS. There I found another site by the Tainan COUNTY's government that might help you.  Tsungyenlee 16:31, 21 July 2007 (UTC)
Are there any other geocachers at Wikimania? I've some travel bugs that need some help to reach their goals. Please contact me! -- JeLuF
- No but do use those utility poles if your GPS runs out of batteries! Jidanni 21:42, 26 July 2007 (UTC)