This page is focused on some of the various technology aspects which will be needed to bring together several of the Wikimania projects.
- Wikiversity. We want to be involved to learn things, as part of learning projects
- Wikimania. To get the message out.
- Wikinews. To report on the big WikiMedia event of the year.
This list isn't complete and the objectives aren't exhaustive. It's a wiki, feel free to add and expand.
A list of what we need (equipment), and what we have to do.
- Collect audio/video/slide information. We'd like this to be done all in one spot, to simplify things for the presenter.
- Distribute the audio and slide info in the room. (People in attendence need to see slides and hear the presenter).
- Distribute the audio/video/slide info to a server. We would like to have a physical cable between the room and the server location, if feasible, to avoid interference.
- It would be nice if we have someone manning a camera, to provide some variety in shots and allow the presenters free roam through the room; if this isn't possible, one fixed sized shot will have to do
- We need to have presenters close to the mic. Ideally this could be a wireless tieclip mic, but if we need we will have them tote one around.
- IMPORTANT: We need to know if there are problems with disclosure of any parts of a presentation. Ideally they will all be GFDL (and CC-by-SA dual lic.), but if not, we should know that upfront.
- Can we have an audience mic connected in this setup? Do the audience members have to come up to the front? (Can we get feedback from our stream users too?)