Chien Tan Overseas Youth Activity Center (CTOYAC) has a 10-story dorm-type called The residential building near by for accommodation. This building is connected with the convention building, and all rooms are air-conditioned. It is facing a large yard in the CTOYAC garden, overlooks Keelung River, and has a view of Chien Tan Peak.
The residential building has a nice lobby (as shown below) that opens 24 hours a day. The capacity is 30 seats and more is allowed. Next to the lobby is a convenient store, which opens between 07:00 and 23:00. The ATM in the building is linked to a world-wide networks and accepts Visa and MasterCard. There are also public phones in the building for international calls (calling cards sold in the convenience store next door).
TEL：+886-2-2885-2151 #8,9 FAX：+886-2-2885-3360 E-Mail：firstname.lastname@example.org
Lobby of the residential building.
A two-bed room in the building (every room has an independent bathroom with shower and toilet).
A four-bed room in the building (every room has an independent bathroom with shower and toilet).
All rooms are air-conditioned.
Lounge area with balcony outside the rooms.
A convenience store in the building.
An ATM in the building that accepts Visa and MasterCard.
Public phones for international calls.
Staying in CTOYAC
- Convenience store inside The residential building opens from 07:00 to 23:00.
- One key for each room, and the last one leaves the room should return it to the counter. The counter open 24 hours.
- After 21:00, please do not speak loud, in avoidance of bothering other residents.
- Every rooms have cable TV and air conditioning.
- Every rooms come with personal hygeian items , including toothbrush, tooth paste, comb, razor, soap, shampoo, cup, towelette, hair drier, and plastic slippers. You need to prepare your own bath towel, shower cap, body wash, shave cream, etc.
- Both this building and Chih Ching Building have laundry rooms include coin-operated washers and driers.
- There are several coin-operated desktop computers on the 1st floor lobby of Chih Ching Building.
- The entire building is smoking-free environment.
- The floor of Chih Ching Building is wooden. Please lift up, especially furnitured, when you move any thing quietly. Please don't leave any metal and heavy objects on the floor to avoid any scratch or damage.
- Please close bathroom door when taking a shower and keep water away from carpet.
- The CTOYAC provides exchange for US$ to NT$ from 12:00 to 13:00 and from 18:00 to 19:00 each day.
Hotel and Youth Hostel Info
Near Wikimania Venue
- The Grand Hotel
- Across the street of CTOYAC is the elegant Grand Hotel in ~200 meters. The Grand Hotel, built in a Chinese palace style on Chien Tan Peak, is a major landmark in Taipei and has been used by state guests and VIPs. Typical rates (before discounts that may be negotiated) range from US$100 to US$162 per room per night.
ShuanLien Station Area
To Wikimain Venue 3 stations This station is quite close to Lin-sen N. Rd. , there are many many of them might be LOVEhotels. Really hard to say...
- Website (zh/en/ja)
Zhongshan Station Area
To Wikimania Venue 4 MRT stations
Taipei Main Station Area
To Wikimania Venue 5 MRT stations
- Hostelling International Taipei
- Official website
- Tel: +886 (2) 2388-0885 Fax： +886 (2) 6632-9288
- Price: NT$350 for Hostelling International members; NT$450 for non-members
Full list of accredited youth hostels in Taipei
Sound like their US counterparts, motels in Taiwan usually do not have the same level of services as in other counties, including Bed and Breakfast style lodging. We recommend you pick one from the list we provided.
See also: Little Angel Program
If you have room for one or more Wikimedians to crash in your house/apartment, please list yourself here, where the place is, how many spaces, and what dates are free.
Tatami room for 6 persons
- Big Tatami Room for 6 persons.
- Location: No.71 Hami Street, less than 2KM to CTOYAC. (distance of 1 subway station)
- Available Date: 31st July ~ 8th Aug 2007
- Lodging: Plain Tatami floor only, better bring your own sleeping bag.
- Food: No supply of food. There is a night market across the street, where you can find many types of local food.
- Internet: free Wireless LAN.
- The host speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, English and some Japanese.
- For reservation, please contact yapcheahshen AT gmail DOT com
List yourself if you need a place to crash, where, and on what dates.
Chriswaterguy - haven't worked out my exact travel dates yet, but at least for the duration of the conference it would be a nice bonus if there were somewhere to stay with a fellow Wikipedian (on a couch or spare bed). (The offer of a crash space by yapcheahshen is very much appreciated, but unfortunately I'm not up to sleeping on tatami).Worked out with Yap - thanks! --Chriswaterguy 17:29, 26 July 2007 (UTC)