Wikimania Volunteer Training Course
2006 would be a meaningful year to the Taiwanese Wikimedia community. Not only Chinese Wikipedia becomes the 12th edition that has more than 100,000 articles, but also Taipei is been chosen as the host city of Wikimania 2007. Taiwan is not absent in the globally Wikimedia projects.
To serve Wikimania 2007, the international affair of Wikimedia projects, Taiwanese Wikimedia community needs more volunteers to devote themselves in the preparation, conference venue and on the net. In addition to show the warm welcome to our international friends, the volunteers can also observe, join and witness the social revolution of Wikimedia.
For better understanding the core value of Wikimedia projects, and to have the basic skills and knowledge for volunteering service, Taiwanese Wikimedia community and the Wikimania Taipei team will have a volunteer training course in Taiwanese Wikimedian Winter Meetup. We welcome anyone who interests in volunteer service for Wikimania to join the course. If you only wish to know what is Wikipedia and Wikimedia related projects, you are also welcomed to join this course, no matter you have used/edited Wikipedia or not.
- Date: December 9, 2006 (Saturday)
- Time: 10am to 12am (Taiwanese Wikimedian Winter Meetup will be held in the afternoon)
- Place: 2F, 31, Sec. 1, Zhong-Xiao E. Rd., Taipei City, Taiwan (ROC)
- Venue: with wireless network, up to 40 people.
- Transportation:（Please refer to UrMap and Yam Map）：
- By bus: You can take bus #212, #232, #262, #299, #605 and get off at the MRT Shandao Temple Station. For more information, please check Taipei Bus and Transportation Information System.
- By MRT: You can get off the MRT Shandao Temple Station via EXIT 6.
- By driving: It's not suggested to drive because it might be hard to find a parking lot. If you really wish to drive, you can check Taipei Parking Management Administrative to know where to park you car nearby.
- Who wish to be a volunteer for Wikimania 2007.
- No limitations for age/grander. Anyone who interests in Internet culture trends, willing to serve or help, familiar with computer typing, wish to learn how to use Wikimedia projects, is enthusiastic in information management and sharing, can speak foreign languages (optional), and is willing to devote his/her leisure times every week.
- Or anyone who wishes to know about Wikipedia and Wikimedia related projects.